Stearns-Montgomery & Proctor Family Law Attorneys
Few events in life are as painful or stressful as a divorce, especially when there is a dispute over child custody or spousal support. Even the best situation may offer only partial solutions in terms of the best interests of children and parents. When confronted with the issues in a divorce, it is important to have an attorney on your side who cares.
Aggressively Pursuing Client Goals
Many family law attorneys promote themselves as aggressive trial lawyers willing to fight until the bitter end. This approach can be strategically and fiscally irresponsible, as the vast majority of divorce and family law issues are resolved without a trial. You owe it to yourself to preserve your assets when possible, but be ready to fight when necessary. Our family law attorneys and divorce lawyers work closely with you to understand your unique needs, review your rights and options, consider creative alternatives, and prepare a sound legal strategy. Then we will fight aggressively to protect your interests and pursue your goals. Contact us to set up a consultation with a caring family law attorney.
Compassionate and Caring Divorce Lawyers
At Stearns-Montgomery and Proctor, our team of experienced, efficient attorneys understands the dynamics of divorce and family law, as well as the emotional aspects of these life-changing events. Clients appreciate the personalized attention from our divorce lawyers, and they often rave about our practical advice and unique team approach. With offices in Atlanta, Alpharetta, and Marietta, our family law attorneys focus on promoting the best interests of children, husbands, wives, mothers, fathers and grandparents in the Marietta and Atlanta metropolitan area.
Experienced Family Law Attorneys
- Divorce Lawyers- Our experienced divorce lawyers provide a wide range of services including the division of marital property and business interests, drafting prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, settlement agreements and alternative dispute resolution, child support and child custody arrangements, and alimony and spousal support agreements (including spousal maintenance and alimony awards).
- Child Support and Child Custody- Our family law attorneys help clients with child support guidelines, temporary custody, legal and physical child custody and modification of child support and child custody orders.
- Alimony and Spousal Support- Our divorce lawyers provide services including spousal maintenance, spousal support and alimony awards.
- Paternity and Father's Rights- Our family law attorneys provide services including paternity tests, orders for child support and visitation
- Adoption Attorneys- Our family law attorneys have helped families with many successful adoptions including step-parent and grandparent adoptions, termination of parental rights and name changes.
- Domestic Violence- Our family law attorneys provide help with restraining orders and defense of those accused of domestic violence for advantage in family law cases.
- Collaborative Divorce Attorneys- We have collaborative divorce lawyers who are trained in collaborative divorce and mediation.
- Father's Rights- In addition to mothers seeking child support, our family law attorneys represent a number of fathers who want to be more involved in their children's lives.
- Other Services- Our family law attorneys and divorce lawyers also help with support and custody appeals, and provide misdemeanor and felony criminal defense, including DUI-DWI and traffic offenses.
To speak with one of our experienced divorce lawyers or family law attorneys today, call Stearns-Montgomery and Proctor in Marietta at (678) 905-8492; Or, fill out our simple contact form.
With family law practice offices located in Alpharetta, Buckhead, Dunwoody and Marietta, we serve families throughout the Atlanta metropolitan area, including clients in Atlanta, Smyrna, Marietta, Decatur, Alpharetta, Buckhead, Canton, Dallas, Douglasville, Duluth, Dunwoody, Johns Creek, Kennesaw, Lawrenceville, Milton, Roswell, and Sandy Springs.
Read about Georgia's new child support guidelines.