Family Law & Criminal Attorney
Phone: (678) 905-1072
Fax: (770) 426-1809
Lance first decided to concentrate on criminal law during his college internship at a Minnesota Public Defender's office. Lance began his career as an Assistant Public Defender for the Cherokee Judicial Circuit. There he handled over 1,000 criminal cases, including 20 jury trials. During this time, Lance became well-versed in criminal defense, but sought to broaden his areas of practice to include family law. Lance was drawn to family law because of the similarities with criminal defense. Both areas call for passionate representation during difficult times for a client. His search for a law firm that could offer him this opportunity while living up to his standards brought him to Stearns-Montgomery & Proctor.
Clients describe Lance as personable; a man of his word who will go the extra mile to protect client rights. He works closely with each client to set realistic goals, and then fights tenaciously to deliver the expected results.
Many of his Public Defender clients have sought out his assistance as a private attorney.
When not practicing Law, plays an active role in the community. He has coached children's sports and is an avid ALTA tennis player. Lance also enjoys watching the GA Bulldogs, running and playing with his two rescued puppies, Lucky and Foxy.
Areas of Practice:
- Georgia DUI and Traffic Violations
- Georgia Theft and Drugs
- Georgia Assault and Abuse
- Georgia Violent Crimes
- Georgia Criminal Law
- Georgia Sex Offenses/Sex Offender Registration
- Georgia Probation Revocations
- United States District Court, Middle District of Georgia, 2011
- Supreme Court of Georgia, 2011
- Georgia Court of Appeals, 2009
- Georgia, 2008
- American Bar Association
- Cobb County Bar Association – Young Lawyers Division, Criminal Defense Section
- Bartow County Bar Association
- Holds a certificate of completion in Forensic Alcohol Consulting and Training, LLC
- University of South Dakota School of Law
Vermillion, South Dakota, 2008
Juris Doctor Law Review – John N. Spencer, III, Award
Excellence Award for Criminal Law
Vice-President of Trial Team Association
- University of West Georgia
Carrollton, GA, 2004
Bachelor of Business Administration
Major: Business Management; Minor: Political Science