While most people know someone who has gone through a divorce, only people who have experienced divorce understand the pain and stress involved. The family law attorneys at Stearns-Montgomery & Proctor understand the complex divorce process and will help you make the best decisions for you and your family. We’ve guided families all over Georgia through the divorce process: we understand divorce law, and we can give you the best advice available.
Marietta Divorce Attorneys
Founder Mary Stearns-Montgomery is an experienced, talented and compassionate family law attorney. Mary has more than twenty years of experience as a divorce lawyer, and she has been recognized as one of the "Georgia Legal Elite." If you're contemplating divorce or separation, our divorce attorneys can help you understand your options. Click here to contact a divorce attorney.
Our family law attorneys will guide you through the intricacies of a Georgia divorce.
Did you know…
- You don't need to be physically separated prior to filing for divorce?
- Assets obtained before marriage may be treated differently than those acquired during the marriage?
- That child custody includes the assignment of three specific decision-making rights?
- With collaborative divorce or mediation, it is possible to avoid court and litigation entirely?
- Alimony, child support and spousal support depend factors beyond income in a divorce?
With offices in Alpharetta, Buckhead, Dunwoody and Marietta, our divorce attorneys will make every effort to expedite your case according to the highest legal and ethical standards. Our vast range of experience in Georgia family law will ensure that your rights and assets are protected. Contact us to schedule a consultation with one of our divorce lawyers. We can help you understand your legal options.
Our family law attorneys will address a number of relevant financial issues to your divorce, including:
- Property division and distribution
- Equitable division of marital assets and debts after divorce
- Division of business assets and current assessment of value
- Division of retirement accounts, 401K plans, pensions, stocks, bonds, and personal property
We can help transfer interest in retirement plans (qualified domestic relations orders, or QDRO), and provide child support payments through income deduction orders (IDO).
- Alimony, alimony appeals, and modification
- Spousal support and spousal maintenance
- Child custody and visitation
- Temporary custody, legal custody, physical custody, interstate jurisdiction, and out-of-state orders under the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction Enforcement Act (UCCJEA)
- Child support, child support orders, child support enforcement, child support contempt, and post-judgment modification
- Enforcement and contempt actions
We encourage Alternative Dispute Resolution— a more amicable approach to resolving conflict. Our family law attorneys can steer you through divorce mediation or a collaborative divorce.
Speak with one of our Divorce Lawyers
Our divorce attorneys are available from 8:30 a.m. until 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, with evening appointments available by request. Our family law firm accepts all major credit cards. Contact us, or call (678) 905-8492.
With offices in Alpharetta, Buckhead, Dunwoody, and Marietta, our divorce attorneys advocate for families throughout the Atlanta metropolitan area, including clients in Atlanta, Marietta, Alpharetta, Buckhead, Canton, Cumming, Dallas, Decatur, Douglasville, Duluth, Dunwoody, Johns Creek, Lawrenceville, Kennesaw, Milton, Roswell, Smyrna and Sandy Springs.
Learn more about Georgia divorce
Collaborative Law FAQ